Tutorial How To Make Good Videos - Youtube And Stuff

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Dragon Player
Elodius

Postby Elodius » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:59 pm

that's a FAQ people do to me:
"How do you make your videos"

Here is now and Tutorial about how i make my videos

Programs u'll need:

Audacity
and
Fraps

I'll Use Windows Movie Maker as an example to compress the recorded video

1. After you Downloaded Audacity and Fraps, you must now open your Fraps.

2. On the Fraps option "Movies" and Choose to not record with sound, that way i'll lag less

3. Choose Full-size option and record with 29.97 fps

4. Open your Frets on fire

5. Now choose a song to play

6. Start recording before the countdown over

7. Play the whole song (And Please show your name on the final of the video >_>)

8. Now that you got a video on your Fraps folder open Audacity and click "File < Open" and go to the played song's folder and choose the Guitar or the Song audio file

9. now go to "File < Export as WAW..." and choose a folder to same the WAW file.

10. Now you got The Video and The Audio of the Movie, Open Windows Movie Maker and Export The Recorded Video and The WAW audio.

11. Sync both (Use the first note of the song as a reference)

12. Now same the Movie on your PC and choose the Best quality to compress

13. Now all you need to do is Put the Video on Youtube and show your friends how noob you are XDD

14. ENJOY making videos^^
My Youtube Channel
Porknchili's Epicness

Spoiler:O yeah well, i fcd every guitar hero and rock band song ever, also i fcd all puppetz, angevil, kotti, mon01, and albelgim songs ever created. Ive also gotten more than 1 million fcs and have beaten danny in over 4 billion PFOs and have never lost a single match ever.

also i forgot to say i am jesus christ and am immortal, plus i have the cure for ever disease and illness ever to exist, about 100000000000000 houses on every single planet ever made, 5 trillion of the literal most beautiful and sexy women ever to live, and i also have ever single game, car, tv, electronic device, weapon, etc, ever thought of and created. Recently, I just got my 200 trillienth interentz and I Also have every single animal ever and in fact, i recently got a pet dragon i named elodius.

I dont have any proof tho because i dont have a camera or anything to record stuff and the print screen on my computer doesnt exist and i my xbox live doesnt work so none of my 1st places scores on literally every song ever on gh and rb are up on the leaderboards

mikpige

Postby mikpige » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Quick and effective tutorial, I'll give a try ...Thanks !
9. now go to "File < Export as WAW..." and choose a folder to same the WAW file.

hmm I think it's WAV ???
Last edited by mikpige on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please consider the environment, do you really need to kill your planet ?
Dragon Player
Elodius

Postby Elodius » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:09 pm

Well that's just a simple tutorial, nothing complex XD
My Youtube Channel
Porknchili's Epicness

Spoiler:O yeah well, i fcd every guitar hero and rock band song ever, also i fcd all puppetz, angevil, kotti, mon01, and albelgim songs ever created. Ive also gotten more than 1 million fcs and have beaten danny in over 4 billion PFOs and have never lost a single match ever.

also i forgot to say i am jesus christ and am immortal, plus i have the cure for ever disease and illness ever to exist, about 100000000000000 houses on every single planet ever made, 5 trillion of the literal most beautiful and sexy women ever to live, and i also have ever single game, car, tv, electronic device, weapon, etc, ever thought of and created. Recently, I just got my 200 trillienth interentz and I Also have every single animal ever and in fact, i recently got a pet dragon i named elodius.

I dont have any proof tho because i dont have a camera or anything to record stuff and the print screen on my computer doesnt exist and i my xbox live doesnt work so none of my 1st places scores on literally every song ever on gh and rb are up on the leaderboards

Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Lol, that's exactly what I do, except I use half screen.
Last edited by omfgdrphl on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Player
Elodius

Postby Elodius » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Half Screen sucks
My Youtube Channel
Porknchili's Epicness

R4nd0M

Postby R4nd0M » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:34 pm

Nice tute Elodius.

Caveats to consider: recording videos in FOF using any known program with an AMD/ATI videocard will result in epic failure. ATI, openGL and capturing video from the framebuffer all hate eachother horribly. Expect 2 FPS regardless of computer specs or configuration.
Last edited by R4nd0M on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Player
Elodius

Postby Elodius » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:51 pm

that's exactly what i think \õ/
My Youtube Channel
Porknchili's Epicness

More Metal?
0vrk1ll

Postby 0vrk1ll » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:42 am

ALOT easier if you use stereo mix off mute,record with fraps make sure your using 'direct sound' or whatever ....i have found tho ya really need to play with audio levels to get it right...everything about half(wave,main,mic)worst that will happen is it will be so loud it will distort. works good after a bit of tweaking.
PS....AMD/ATI problems......get your pc serviced man...mines and amd athlon 64,ati 300x,256 pci-e,1gig ram....XP.....ive never had a single issue

WELL......no issues except the fact i run windows..LMAO
Last edited by 0vrk1ll on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
......Only way to feel the noise is when its good and loud.........
Rock Band Enthusiast
mrbrownstone1990

Postby mrbrownstone1990 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks, Ill try it
Poki#3

Postby Poki#3 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:59 am

Bad tutorial.
There's no reason for you to not record sound along with the video. That's not a source of lag: Recording in high resolutions is because your HDD and CPU can't keep up with recording and playing a game at the same time.

The solution is recording at half-size, or just lowering the resolution of FoF while recording. Half-size recording doesn't suck if you play on high resolutions. Also, turn of things like AA. It doesn't improve the quality much in you're playing in high resolutions, but kills performance easily.

If you're not recording sound you're missing out of sound effects, crowd and any misses you do, making the thing look... fake.

Oh, and Fraps isn't free, and the trial can only record 30 seconds at a time. Good luck!
Just 4 Fun babes :*
diegospbr

Postby diegospbr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:05 am

Oia os fake ai em cima fiote.. deixa barato não.. dá uma vuadora de duas pernas em cima dele.. aoekoekKeoaKEOKEAOKEAKOEkaOEKOKE :angry:

E ainda te chamo de cheater.. ooooorra!! Chamo a mae de coxinha e o pai de empadinha.. deixava barato nao :p
#1 Megadeth Fan
guitarhero23

Postby guitarhero23 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:05 am

Elodius wrote:Well that's just a simple tutorial, nothing complex XD

No. It is .WMV Please change it or you will confuse noobs.
ImageImage
Dragon Player
Elodius

Postby Elodius » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Poki#3 wrote:Oh, and Fraps isn't free, and the trial can only record 30 seconds at a time. Good luck!

i'm not going to post and Cracked version on the forum ok honey?
My Youtube Channel
Porknchili's Epicness

Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm just wondering, what is the intent behind writting in a language that most will not understand? Afaik. this forum is in english..
Anyways, just wanted to point out to any linux users that there's a great game recording solution for linux called GLC. What it's short for I don't know but it records only the window you're specifying it for (depends on which WM you're using I've had windows on top of it and both gotten away with the video I intended the other turned out to be a video of me browsing these forums..). It also records sound and there's a nice converting script for it. I'll see if I can make some changes and make it conver to youtube format so the uploads will be a bit faster..
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Poki#3

Postby Poki#3 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:32 am

Elodius wrote:i'm not going to post and Cracked version on the forum ok honey?

Cracked version? Of course not, but why link to the trial, that's useless?
Better try GameCam or Xfire's video recording ability.

And I say again, re-synching sound is bull.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”