Lack of comments in Tune Posting - ...

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
gaderael

Postby gaderael » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:00 pm

Perhaps there should be a post limit of 5 non spammy posts, or a 24 hour waiting period after registration before one can download songs or something, like lock them out of the tunr posting section till the requirements are met, or something.

I remember a tor r ent site that did that with download requests, and it worked pretty well.
You should call your **** a WMD.

Since your lady probably has trouble finding it....
Flocinocinihilipilif
Yoruhi

Postby Yoruhi » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:47 am

gaderael wrote:Perhaps there should be a post limit of 5 non spammy posts, or a 24 hour waiting period after registration before one can download songs or something, like lock them out of the tune posting section till the requirements are met, or something.

I remember a tor r ent site that did that with download requests, and it worked pretty well.

Um... there is a problem with your solution...
If they can't download any songs, how are they supposed to comment on them? :p

I too have had no one post a comment on my song. Sure, I've only done on, but its had 160 views, and 27 downloads.
Last edited by Yoruhi on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:15 am

I'm very mad because my song only have 6 views, 0 replies and WTF?!!!! ONLY 2 DOWNLOADS?! :angry:
Failure Extrodinaire
Dudoronron

Postby Dudoronron » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Leechers annoy me, as a noobling fretter it'd be nice to get feedback from the downloaders on what's good/what's not/how to improve. I'm aware there is a Tune Review section, but if, say, half of the downloaders posted to say thanks and what they thought, that'd be a better way to improve than constantly referring people from Tune Review to your songs. I've grown used to leechers now but it doesn't stop me adding vicious comments towards them in the first posts of my popular songs with little to no comments.
Pro Hentai Critic
MoN01

Postby MoN01 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:43 pm

Even I dont get many comments, so why complain about it, you just have to know that most people are lazy :p
gaderael

Postby gaderael » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:36 pm

Yoruhi wrote:
gaderael wrote:Perhaps there should be a post limit of 5 non spammy posts, or a 24 hour waiting period after registration before one can download songs or something, like lock them out of the tune posting section till the requirements are met, or something.

Um... there is a problem with your solution...
If they can't download any songs, how are they supposed to comment on them? :p

I too have had no one post a comment on my song. Sure, I've only done on, but its had 160 views, and 27 downloads.

I meant they could could post anywhere other then the tune posting. You know, say hello, and whatnot. Actually be talked to might actually encourage them to comment when they do download a song.
You should call your **** a WMD.

Since your lady probably has trouble finding it....
Monster addict
Spitt78

Postby Spitt78 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:16 am

Wow. I will never leech again.

On a second note, I've only done it a few times. Honestly.
I'm running LINUX. If I ask a question, do not post WINDOWS instructions. Thank you.
I don't care if it's called FoFiX now, I prefer Alarian. It's more professional and way easier to type.
slegnameihana

Postby slegnameihana » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:19 am

Is there anyway to install the [hide][/hide] tags on the boards? Then, people are forced to comment in order to download the song. Of course, this doesn't help the problem of people not coming back and giving feedback about your chart. And it might make people less willing to download the songs if they have to comment. Meh, it's a give/take relationship.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:33 am

Or if a user clicked on a link to download the chart, the forum sends them a PM/email reminding them to leave feedback (nag a user no more than once per thread). A reply to the PM/email would be could either be sent directly the the OP of the thread or posted on the forum. This would be the best solution, but it would be coding work.
slegnameihana

Postby slegnameihana » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:51 am

That's a good idea.
TehMightyUnicorn

Postby TehMightyUnicorn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Yeah... it really pisses me off... usually when you release bigger packs of songs (like an album) you get more comments... so I try to release the songs in packs
Megadeth's Countdown to Extinction (Complete Album)
Full Time Fretter
hckyfrk2k7

Postby hckyfrk2k7 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:25 pm

holystoneH wrote:well this is a major problem leeching/no thanks/no comments/bad rating

quite frustating for someone who fretted the song an put so much time and effort

ha ha amen to that brother!

I just made about 40-50 new songs, and I'm getting views and downloads, but no one leaves feedback, lol it sucks, i just wanna know what people think of the sh*t i makes!
jake2k3 wrote:I think we've hit the point now where practicality has gone out the window and all this board is now is a "let's forget originality and work this sucker as close to an exact copy (of GH/RB) as possible" feeding frenzy.

New Song Awards Idea, Check It Out Here!
Acquired NinjA Power
NinjAstar

Postby NinjAstar » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:03 pm

I feel mostly the same way as you guys...

But I wouldn't worry too much that my song doesnt get too many reviews or thanks, if i see many downloads i know that someone has the song and there enjoying it if i know my fretting is good, i dont need someone to say thanks to know they liked it. :;):

Although if you want to get some more people to download your songs, do what other people have done. Make nice banners, put links in your sig, when someone posts in your thread wait till enters the second page and then reply with your post so it stays longer at the top of the tune posting thread. :)

But people shouldnt worry too much about their songs not getting enough thanks. I make songs not for the praise, because I like the songs I make, and i make them to play myself. If I enjoyed it thats what matters to me the most.

But I always leave feedback on any song I download (unless they are old with many replies) :)
Last edited by NinjAstar on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:woot: Master Of Chart Reviews! :woot:
Currently Fretting: I Am The Law - Anthrax
Megadeth - Youthanasia (1994)
NinjAstar Hero (WIP) (10/63 songs done)

Return to “General FOF Discussion”