Lack of comments in Tune Posting - ...

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Blackwater1986

Postby Blackwater1986 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:02 am

is it just me or is there anyone else thats fed up of not recieving any comments for the songs they have fretted? out of 103 downloads ive only recieved 6 comments

for one of those my version of Korn - Right Now has had 47 downloads more then any of my other songs and not recieved a single comment its ridiculous

and the worst thing about it is i know theres nothing that anyone could do to stop this from happening...
My Song Thread - Pitchshifter, Korn, Reuben, In Flames - FOF Live Tour! Work In Progress
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:14 am

well this is a major problem leeching/no thanks/no comments/bad rating

quite frustating for someone who fretted the song an put so much time and effort
dejastar

Postby dejastar » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:25 am

Blackwater1986 wrote:is it just me or is there anyone else thats fed up of not recieving any comments for the songs they have fretted? out of 103 downloads ive only recieved 6 comments

for one of those my version of Korn - Right Now has had 47 downloads more then any of my other songs and not recieved a single comment its ridiculous

and the worst thing about it is i know theres nothing that anyone could do to stop this from happening...

Sh!t try having over 5000 views, 8000 downloads and 30 replies!!
emp3ror

Postby emp3ror » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:28 am

hehehe I only convert songs for myself and post em here. I don't spend so much time on making them, but not getting any comments is fuxed up... ~800 downloads of my conversions and ~10 people said thanks. so yeah....

"leeches, like leeches
in ignorance we trust!"
Blackwater1986

Postby Blackwater1986 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:29 am

well i only got 4 songs posted im guessing u got alot more either that or the tracks ur fretting are jus more popular then mine i jus dont get why everyone doesnt fret its actually fun

My Song Thread - Pitchshifter, Korn, Reuben, In Flames - FOF Live Tour! Work In Progress
wseyller

Postby wseyller » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:03 pm

I've made 7 songs now, about 20 to 60 downloads on each song, and have gotten 1 or 2 comments. I understand why the lack of comments. Some people are downloading hundreds of songs and don't want to waste time comment on that many songs. Maybe we should put a warning in our post that says if you download this song without commenting then your computer will be infected by viruses.
My Songs - Metallica, Hellyeah, Puddle of Mudd
All songs updated March 03, 2009 (major overhaul, so go redownload them again)
Blackwater1986

Postby Blackwater1986 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:06 pm

because that is ridiculous and any one that fell for that would have to have the lowest IQ in the world
Last edited by Blackwater1986 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:54 pm

You're just gonna have to get used to it. That's the sad fact of leeching. Here's an idea, market your songs better. You know, advertise. Videos, huge flashy banners.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:02 pm

Some people look at this forum as a just a huge song database. We just have to accept it and move on. If I ever want to feel appreciated I just search youtube for videos of songs that I've fretted. If I find one, woohooooo!
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:19 pm

My TTFAF is my most DL song... 6k, and I've got like a few thanks for that song! xD
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:16 pm

SketchMan3 wrote:Some people look at this forum as a just a huge song database. We just have to accept it and move on. If I ever want to feel appreciated I just search youtube for videos of songs that I've fretted. If I find one, woohooooo!

I never thought of that, so I just did it, and one guy actually made a youtube vid of my one and only song! woohoo!

It shows how horribly Ive been moving the notes instead of changing the BPM, thus they're of the beatlines. Ah well, what did I know back then ^^
Last edited by Maartah on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
drummaniac28

Postby drummaniac28 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:30 pm

just saw a video of my Back In Black lol
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 am

Well that doesn't work for me... xD I usually see someone make a bad quality and horrible run of my songs... xD I see them all the time! :D They're houndreds of them...
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Blackwater1986

Postby Blackwater1986 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:25 am

i noticed that 2 with puppetz songs lotta people nearly failing em... didnt find any of my songs one there :(

Disciple of Puppetz
B-47 Unknown

Postby B-47 Unknown » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:46 pm

What about the PH packs?
Did you check the hits on those, puppetz?

On the topic of so few comments, that's why I only fret songs I want to play over and over and over again.
All of my songs can be found at My song thread.
---------------------------------
The latest.. Megadeth - 44 Minutes

Return to “General FOF Discussion”