Using your guitar hero controller - It's easy, I promise.

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 6 days old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
NeoTechni

Re: Using your guitar hero controller - It's easy, I promise.

Postby NeoTechni » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:19 pm

To those of you using Joy2Key, I recommend downloading Xpadder as it works much better with a lot more options
BMTH
lynchie666

Postby lynchie666 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:06 pm

right if its that easy then help me with this. im trying to use my rockband wired guitar controller(for xbox 360) for fofix and it should be easy concidering it is usb. when i plug it in it makes the noise for when you plug something in to one of the usb ports but after that the controller buttons do nothing and it doesnt even prompt me to install anything. i have the latest version of fofix and my computer is windows xp. what would you do

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:30 pm

lynchie666 wrote:what would you do

Firstly I'd go to Control Panel > Game controllers, check if the controller was listed, go to it's properties and check if the buttons work there.
BMTH
lynchie666

Postby lynchie666 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:36 pm

death_au wrote:
lynchie666 wrote:what would you do

Firstly I'd go to Control Panel > Game controllers, check if the controller was listed, go to it's properties and check if the buttons work there.

i did and they worked there :smile:
what now then
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Now it kinda depends on your version of FoFiX (for the menu layout).
If you're using 3.120, go to options > Controller options, create a new controller (standard guitar) and set the buttons accordingly (Fret #1 = green fret, etc). Then save it, and set one of the controllers (1-4) to your new controller. When you go to play, choose the controller you set up and you should be good to go.
In 3.100 and below, I think there was just set player 1/2 controls and alt controls. If you set up your controller on the alt controls, make sure you set your keyset to alternate.
BMTH
lynchie666

Postby lynchie666 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:19 pm

yeah i have it working now thanks :2thumbsup:
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:40 pm

I already have a dual PS2 -> USB adapter like these, and it works fine without any controller to keyboard input converters, BUT, I need to use them with Guitar Hero PC since it won't let me use anything that isn't made by Activision (<_<).

The game runs fine and frets buttons go well ingame, HOWEVER, there seems to be no hope on enabling ANALOG mode with this kind of adapter, and this kind of guitar (one of those $40, cheapo). You all should already know that ANALOG is needed in order to use the whammy bar

SO I CANT USE THE WHAMMY BAR :(

anybody here knows any hack for that to work?

It won't enable ANALOG mode by default as it does when plugged to a PS2
K.o.R

Postby K.o.R » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:30 am

PiXeLaDo wrote:I already have a dual PS2 -> USB adapter like these, and it works fine without any controller to keyboard input converters, BUT, I need to use them with Guitar Hero PC since it won't let me use anything that isn't made by Activision (<_<).

The game runs fine and frets buttons go well ingame, HOWEVER, there seems to be no hope on enabling ANALOG mode with this kind of adapter, and this kind of guitar (one of those $40, cheapo). You all should already know that ANALOG is needed in order to use the whammy bar

SO I CANT USE THE WHAMMY BAR :(

anybody here knows any hack for that to work?

It won't enable ANALOG mode by default as it does when plugged to a PS2

It is possible to remotely turn on analog mode but you'd need to write some code to transmit the "analog on" command (have a look here for some techie stuff about how ps2 controllers work).
My custom songs
Latest: Shouchi no Suke by Suitei Shoujo
Airiskohvi

Postby Airiskohvi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:43 am

Does this work with Windows 7? Just to be sure.
Diyey

Postby Diyey » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi guys.
Haven't found this searching on the forum, sorry if it has been posted before.
I'd like to buy this PS3 wireless guitar, but I'm not sure if it will work with FoF on Windows (either XP or 7). It's a USB (not PS2 port), not too expensive, but I don't wanna throw the money away. So If any of you guys have one of those and can test it on FoF it would be awesome.

Thanks!

PS: Hope I posted on the right place, if not... sorry again
eth38ownz

Postby eth38ownz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:34 am

Okay, so I've had a little trouble setting my PS2's GH:WT guitar up to the computer with an adapter I just got, but it now works for Frets on Fire. Problem is, it doesn't work for GH3 for my PC. Any help?
butthurt :'(
stashincash06

Postby stashincash06 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Diyey wrote:Hi guys.
Haven't found this searching on the forum, sorry if it has been posted before.
I'd like to buy this PS3 wireless guitar, but I'm not sure if it will work with FoF on Windows (either XP or 7). It's a USB (not PS2 port), not too expensive, but I don't wanna throw the money away. So If any of you guys have one of those and can test it on FoF it would be awesome.

Thanks!

PS: Hope I posted on the right place, if not... sorry again

yes it works

i have 2 wireless guitars (Guitar hero 3/rock band 2)

and i am 100% possitive that it will work with fof if it works with ps3... and based on the information on that site it will work
Rockslide

Postby Rockslide » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:07 am

Help please, FoF-X ver. 3.121 does not recognize my X-plorer controller sent with GH III PC version, it is usb connected! I am using Win XP for the operating system. I see how to set it up, but the game simply don't see it. It works with gh and works with regular FoF. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, i would greatly appreciate the information.
Thanks in advance,

Return to “General FOF Discussion”