Using your guitar hero controller - It's easy, I promise.

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
infectedsanity

Postby infectedsanity » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:02 pm

stumble wrote:Finally got my 2 port PS to USB adapter working with Frets on Fire on XP after a few hours of googling and reading this post. Bought a really cheap adapter off eBay (doesn't even have a brand name...) and when i pulled the driver mini-cd out of the plastic sleeve the silver layer with all the data on it stuck to the plastic. So i couldn't install the driver from CD. Since there's no brand...i couldn't find the correct driver online, so i just plugged it in with a regular PS controller plugged in one of the ports and windows automatically installed it as two "Twin USB Joystick"s. Under the Control Panel > Game Controllers the regular controller buttons registered and everything. Then i swapped it for the redoctane guitar controller and the buttons weren't registering. Tried using drivers from other sites...no luck... Finally i saw chunky34's post on page 8 about how he had to plug in 2 controllers for his dual port to work...so i tried that...and it worked. Remapped keys in FoF and it works great. Kinda stupid...but meh...

Just wanted to have this here for other's people's use. If you recognize the adapter from the ebay page and have the drivers could you p.m. me? I'm still curious if i can get better functionality, whammy bar, not have to have 2 controllers plugged in, etc.

I, too, only needed to plug in two controllers to get it to work. I'm so glad I can the use the guitar controller now :D
~Adam~ \m/_(-_-)_\m/
chris09

Postby chris09 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:24 am

Since Wii remotes can work with Bluetooth receivers in computers, I wonder if someone will write a driver that lets me use Guitar Hero 3 Wii guitars with Frets on Fire... ???
xxchainxx

Postby xxchainxx » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:18 pm

um some1 help me get my 360 controller on to the frets on fire
Darkfrog

Postby Darkfrog » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:38 am

Just as input: I use a Pelican usb adapter when i use my Playstation stuff on my computer. The adapter is intended to be used on the PS3, but works swell on my computer too. Sett me back like 8 bucks on Game Stop.
ryanmiles

Postby ryanmiles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:16 pm

Please help me-

I plug in the Guitar Controller (It's the guitar that comes with GH80s) through the USB port. I also downloaded the JoytoKey that I saw on this thread. JoytoKey gives me:

"Please make sure you're joystick is plugged in, and DirectX6 is downloaded."

I downloaded DirectX10, and it still asks me to download 6. Won't 10 work? If not, where can I get version 6. Oh, plus I also downloaded the latest version of JTK, and that doesn't work either.
gjones68

Postby gjones68 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:01 am

chris09 wrote:Since Wii remotes can work with Bluetooth receivers in computers, I wonder if someone will write a driver that lets me use Guitar Hero 3 Wii guitars with Frets on Fire... ???

My god I hope so!!!
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:28 pm

chris09 wrote:Since Wii remotes can work with Bluetooth receivers in computers, I wonder if someone will write a driver that lets me use Guitar Hero 3 Wii guitars with Frets on Fire... ???

I'm pretty sure that it'll happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpwcrawYho
matosh.lee

Postby matosh.lee » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:55 pm

mac cpu's can receive bluetooth. maybe its actually possible to use the divices. u just have to register the controller maybe.
Signature truncated. Please see this post.
<!--
[url=http://www.explosm.net/comics/986/]
[IMG]http://www.flashasylum.com/db....MG][/url]
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
http://www.explosm.net/comics/986/<br />Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net/....osm.net
-->
mdvalenz

Postby mdvalenz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:08 am

For those of you wanting to use the WiiGuitar for Frets on Fire, you will need GlovePie running a WiiGuitar script.
On the WiiLi.org forum we found out that the WiiGuitar uses the classic controller guts so the key mapping was similar. I wrote up a 2-player script for GlovePie you can try out. Here is the thread on the forum and the script is on the third page. The WiiLi.org wiki can walk you through using the program if you are having trouble.

WiiGuitar script for GlovePie
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:11 am

That's some good info mdvalenz. Thanks for coming and sharing.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
ozzie18

Postby ozzie18 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:50 pm

GHIII Gibson Guitar for the PS3 plugs right into the usb and is recognized as a human interface device.... sweet I can play both!!
The Woo Sensation

Postby The Woo Sensation » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:38 am

mdvalenz wrote:For those of you wanting to use the WiiGuitar for Frets on Fire, you will need GlovePie running a WiiGuitar script.
On the WiiLi.org forum we found out that the WiiGuitar uses the classic controller guts so the key mapping was similar. I wrote up a 2-player script for GlovePie you can try out. Here is the thread on the forum and the script is on the third page. The WiiLi.org wiki can walk you through using the program if you are having trouble.

WiiGuitar script for GlovePie

I tried installing GlovePIE, your script, and everything but I can't get it to work. I looked up Wiili and other sites as well but it still doesn't do anything.
The Woo Sensation

Postby The Woo Sensation » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:09 am

Never mind I got it to work. I didn't know that blue soleil was a must.

Thank you for the script.
mdvalenz

Postby mdvalenz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:36 am

Yeah, you need to connect the Wiimote to the computer using a bluetooth program first then GlovePie will work.
umbalito

Postby umbalito » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:03 pm

Anyone have any luck with the 360 wireless guitar for Guitar Hero 3?

I just got the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows and it won't even sync with the guitar..? I'm still not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.

I already d/l and updated the latest drivers from Microsoft.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”