Using your guitar hero controller - It's easy, I promise.

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 4 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
matches81

Postby matches81 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:00 am

just wanted to say:
I just received my USB PlayStation2 adapter for 2 controllers I ordered in Hong-Kong for 3€. Works like a charm. Driver CD was included but not needed. Just plug it in. No issues with the strum bar or the fret buttons at all, simply adjusted the control settings in Frets on Fire and was done.
The sticker on it says "Tesun", so I went and looked for a product description so others might look at it, here it is
http://www.tesungame.com/en/ArticleShow.asp?ID=182
Though my USB plug looks a bit different, the overall design of it and the manufacturer are the same, so I guess that's it.
Just wanted to contribute another working adapter to the list. ;) (there should be a list for that btw)
HarryKA

Postby HarryKA » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:31 pm

With the xbox 360 x-plorer controller, all you need is the controller and 1 free driver. At least thats what I had to do on the mac.
zerokill

Postby zerokill » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:04 pm

any idea where i can find a driver for the 360 controller to work on windows 2000? the one from Microsoft requires xp sp1.
stone

Postby stone » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:35 pm

question: is it cheaper to get the xbox 360 guitar (and will i need a adapter) or the ps2 guitar and adapter?
Last edited by stone on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, i Can NOT, Read it, NOT re-upload anything i have posted before 8/12/2008.
Reason: My hard drive died, that and I deleted them.
Closet_Rat

Postby Closet_Rat » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:45 pm

like it's been said, PS2 guitar = requires an adapter (and apparently, joy2key?)
X-plorer360 no adapter

In my area, you can get a PS2 guitar for 20 bucks (used)
But the X-plorer360 hovers around 40-60.

But the adapter'll set you back around 10-20 (at most).

...starting to wish I didn't want to make a custom guitar from a wireless guitar... the xplorer guitar seems the beter way to go...

But to create...
hoggy

Postby hoggy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:04 pm

Attention Linux users!!! This worked for me, as of today:

http://rejoystick.sourceforge.net/

I'm on Ubuntu (half feisty/half gutsy) and the downloadable binary went on without any complaints. Setup is a snap. Just run it in a terminal, read the words on the screen, and follow along. It really is that good.

I recommend mapping the strums to the shift keys, as using a letter key gave me weird repeating press issues.

Still getting to know this game, but at least now my GH controllers work.

Oh, and I got the adapter from Walmart for $10. Model Number FT8D91. Can't say that it is perfect yet, as I have only played a song or two, but so far, so good - thanks to rejoystick
Jarlan

Postby Jarlan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:20 am

1 for the 360?
Closet_Rat

Postby Closet_Rat » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:30 pm

hoggy wrote:Attention Linux users!!! This worked for me, as of today:

http://rejoystick.sourceforge.net/

I'm on Ubuntu (half feisty/half gutsy) and the downloadable binary went on without any complaints. Setup is a snap. Just run it in a terminal, read the words on the screen, and follow along. It really is that good.

I recommend mapping the strums to the shift keys, as using a letter key gave me weird repeating press issues.

Still getting to know this game, but at least now my GH controllers work.

Oh, and I got the adapter from Walmart for $10. Model Number FT8D91. Can't say that it is perfect yet, as I have only played a song or two, but so far, so good - thanks to rejoystick

Funny... I tried the $10 adapter from Wal-mart, and it didn't work for me with either a PS2 controller, nor the wireless ReactRocker...

But this is worthless XP, and a cracked one at that...
schmitty

Postby schmitty » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:12 pm

The PS3 to PS2 adapter works also.
stone

Postby stone » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:48 am

so just get the 360 guitar because it would be easier?
No, i Can NOT, Read it, NOT re-upload anything i have posted before 8/12/2008.

Reason: My hard drive died, that and I deleted them.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:25 am

I got some brandless PS1(/2)/N64 converter for £1 (roughly $2, 1.50 Euros), and there's no issues with my SG (which is a year old now)

EDIT: I'll try and throw a picture up of it when I can be bothered to unplug it (about to play FoF with new songs :D)
Last edited by BSRaven on Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arctic Blast

Postby Arctic Blast » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:02 am

I just plugged in the 360 X-Plorer and let the hardware wizard do it's job. then, just change the keyboard settings in the game to your guitar buttons and strum bar, and that should be it.
Rukia

Postby Rukia » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:04 pm

I have a "Gamemon" FT-8D91 adapter and haven't got ANY of the "solutions" to work. Can anybody help me out?
stumble

Postby stumble » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:47 am

Finally got my 2 port PS to USB adapter working with Frets on Fire on XP after a few hours of googling and reading this post. Bought a really cheap adapter off eBay (doesn't even have a brand name...) and when i pulled the driver mini-cd out of the plastic sleeve the silver layer with all the data on it stuck to the plastic. So i couldn't install the driver from CD. Since there's no brand...i couldn't find the correct driver online, so i just plugged it in with a regular PS controller plugged in one of the ports and windows automatically installed it as two "Twin USB Joystick"s. Under the Control Panel > Game Controllers the regular controller buttons registered and everything. Then i swapped it for the redoctane guitar controller and the buttons weren't registering. Tried using drivers from other sites...no luck... Finally i saw chunky34's post on page 8 about how he had to plug in 2 controllers for his dual port to work...so i tried that...and it worked. Remapped keys in FoF and it works great. Kinda stupid...but meh...

Just wanted to have this here for other's people's use. If you recognize the adapter from the ebay page and have the drivers could you p.m. me? I'm still curious if i can get better functionality, whammy bar, not have to have 2 controllers plugged in, etc.
caelae

Postby caelae » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:22 am

I bought the RadioShack adapter. Am I totally screwed? I plugged it in this morning, but I didn't have the driver installed, so I'm not surprised nothing happened.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”