Using your guitar hero controller - It's easy, I promise.

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
grensley

Postby grensley » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:28 pm

geon106 wrote:I have a PS1 to USB Adapter, will that accept PS2 controllers? They are the same connection, but i'm not sure if they'll work too.

why not try it
It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Recently finished:
Pistol Grip Pump by RATM
12 Bar Blues
Wake Up by RATM
darken

Postby darken » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:07 pm

I've plugged in my GH to the adapter and everything works fine, i cant do combinations with any green buttons ( i can use combinations of red and yellow, yellow and blue etc...) but i can use any chords with the green button. Does anyone have a solution to this? thanks in advance
darken

Postby darken » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:16 pm

I'm not able to edit my previous message, but now i know the problem

ive set the controls for my guitar through the game, and whenver i pick down with the green button held, it cancels itself out, like the pick is set to the green button. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution? thanks again
silentjosh

Postby silentjosh » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:08 pm

Just went about collecting all the different things to use the GC controller with my PC and the Radioshack PS2toUSB works fine for me. I'm also using the "Frontman" Wireless guitar with it and haven't noticed any performance issues with it. This guitar actually comes with a USB wire but haven't figured out how to get it to connect with that yet. I'll keep you updated if I do.
murcielago

Postby murcielago » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:29 pm

Greetings people!

I am new to this forum and a FOF player for 2 days. I've searched the forum for similar problems but i didn't find any answers.
I play the game with an original SG controller i bought with the GH2 gamepack + BigBen ps2tousb adaptator and i can't make any 2 chord notes on FOF .I've noticed also that sometimes held notes simply won't work. Strangest thing is that sometimes they do work and other times they just score the note and stop playing, as if i lift my finger on the fret.

Is there anyone with the same problem or, even better, someone with a solution for this?

I think it is not normal at all not being able to perform 2 chord held notes with the guitar controller. Anyone please???

Thanks in advance and ROCK HARD you all out there ;)
Last edited by murcielago on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darken

Postby darken » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:23 pm

Sorry to post again, but i would really like to use the strum pad on the controller to play instead of using the select button.

For some reason, the strum bar wont work with the green button. I've tried emulating with joy2key and autohotkey and for some reason the strum still won't work with the green button. Does anyone have any idea of what i should do that could make it work? thanks in advance
y0urm0msname

Postby y0urm0msname » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:49 pm

I have this adapter and windows detects the 'game controller' just fine when I connect it. My only ish is that the whammy bar shares the same axis<--may not be the right word but I hope u know what I mean. Therefore if the whammy gets bumped it throws of the calibration of my strum buttons, usually only the downward stroke. It's really notta big deal, just an annoyance. Basically, my question is if there is anyway to disable the whammy 'softly' i.e. no soldering or clipping wires. And this is a given, but FOF rocks!
LedFan1211

Postby LedFan1211 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:59 pm

Ok I just bought the Ps2/USb adaptar from Radioshack and had no trouble setting it up thanks to this

http://www.althack.com/2007....troller

Follow all those instructions... just make sure to set the pick and secondary pick to your strum bar on your guitar. :D
y0urm0msname

Postby y0urm0msname » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:25 pm

LedFan1211 wrote:Ok I just bought the Ps2/USb adaptar from Radioshack and had no trouble setting it up thanks to this

http://www.althack.com/2007....troller

Follow all those instructions... just make sure to set the pick and secondary pick to your strum bar on your guitar. :D

yeah i tried that app its great! Easy to customize too, just get the button map by checking out the game controller's properties in windows control panel and then assign the desired keyboard buttons accordingly. Unfortunately, it didn't fix my prob. The main reason it's not working right is because for some reason the whammy bar and the strum bar share the Y-axis. However, there is still hope. It may just be the guitar I'm borrowing from a friend. I'll try an offical red octane one next, then I can determine if it's the guitar or the adapter.
darken

Postby darken » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:56 am

i followed those exact instructions, and whenever i strum down while holding down the green key it still cancels itself out for some reason, im using the guitar from gh1.
Air Guitar Hero

Postby Air Guitar Hero » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:06 pm

the only suggestion i have is make sure you have up to date drivers for your adapter, and give joy2key a try.

If you are having allot of problems, I wouldn't blame fof. It's probably your adapter. Although I will say that installing the RF mod seemed to help when i would change my input settings. Sometimes fof had trouble applying my new settings, but the rf mod took care of that. I have 3 usb adapters, all different. They all work fine with fof.

I have the
Super Dual Box Pro
Dragon PC Double Powerbox 2
Dilong pu203 adapter

Give one of those a try.
Konador

Postby Konador » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:04 pm

One problem I had with my old cheaper adapter from ebay was that it wasn't getting enough power from the USB. This meant that when I had my USB headphones plugged in as well, the response was slow and sometimes only worked sparodically. With my new adapter it's not a problem. The only problem is that it doesn't detect the whammy bar at all, but FoF doesn't support that anyway so it's no loss :)
Songs Completed:
- Dark Side of the Moon (Full) - Livin' on a Prayer - Life and Death
Mods Completed:
- Pink Floyd Mod - Spanish Castle Magic with VOCALS!
Playing Statistics:
chunky34

Postby chunky34 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi guys. I've posted my problem couple weeks ago about my dual box adapter.

If it can help I finally found the problem and it is really stupid I think... anyway. The only thing with some adapter, at least, with mine is that you need to plug 2 controllers in it in order to make it work. If you only plug 1 controller in 1 of the slot, it wont work, but use both of the input and it work just fine.

With the guitar, it is soooo much better. I love it :)
dragonreborn

Postby dragonreborn » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:29 pm

I just got GH2 for xbox360. The X-plorer guitar works like a charm with FoF. Since it's USB it plugs right into the pc. When prompted for drivers I just let it search the internet and it found them no problem.

Now this is like a whole new game for me.

Just thought I'd share ;)
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:34 pm

dragonreborn wrote:I just got GH2 for xbox360. The X-plorer guitar works like a charm with FoF. Since it's USB it plugs right into the pc. When prompted for drivers I just let it search the internet and it found them no problem.

Now this is like a whole new game for me.

Just thought I'd share ;)

ohhh thats just fcuking tight. i always wondered if Xbox controllers would work. but unfortunately i will not be getting one (due to insufficient funds) at least till FoF is completely done with betas and it releases a really good one.

PS: rouge_F is taking over the world of FoF. he is a top secret developer (maybe)(joke)

Return to “General FOF Discussion”