Using your guitar hero controller - It's easy, I promise.

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 6 days old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
JestersDead

Postby JestersDead » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:08 pm

The controller doesn't respond during key config in FoF either.
JestersDead

Postby JestersDead » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:56 pm

Something that should go without saying but...nevertheless:

Make sure the ps2 to usb converter isn't upside down or your system will not recognize the connected controller and appear to have driver issues.

Thanks for all your work on this awesome program. FoF rocks
limpbizkitt0

Postby limpbizkitt0 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:35 am

Can anyone provide links to local retailers playstation to usb besides radio shack? I havent seen any at like best buy or anywhere else. Thanks!
CLICK HERE TO HELP ME GET AN XBOX It will rly help me! just do the cell phone ringtones one its the quickest and easyest and no credit card needed

check my guide on softmodding the xbox HERE
m0nkiii

Postby m0nkiii » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:08 pm

http://www.idealo.at/preisve....nk.html

If you buy one of these ?
Would that key-thing-program work then ?
I'm strongly thinking buying a guitar and this converter because of Frets on Fire :D
Tsukasa07

Postby Tsukasa07 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:15 pm

I got the controller and converter for x-mas, installed the drivers but the computer won't reconize the controller. I got the red octane converter and controller from the site and I can't figure out how to use Joy2key or AutoHotKey. can anyone help me please?
el nini

Postby el nini » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Hahaha at you all. My adapter that I got like, 6 years ago works perfectly fine. Doesn't need drivers, doesn't need any of that Joy2Key crap, just plug in and play. :D

Sorry about that, I can't help anyone, but good luck, because its freaking awesome. :p
Its just like life. Quite interesting in parts, but no substitute for the real thing.
tman

Postby tman » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:29 am

All you guys need to do is go to key settings and set up the buttons. For example, if it says PICK, you have to press the button on the controller you want to be set as the pick. It is very easy.
npbooth

Postby npbooth » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:12 pm

If you can't hit a certian chord on your keyboard, like i cant do |000|, can i do it on my guitar???
chunky34

Postby chunky34 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:21 am

Hi guys. I read the topic over and over again since yesterday because I finally received my super dual box advance so I can plug my GH controller.

However, yes I tried with joy2key and all the possible drivers to install, but still it is not the problem. IF I go in the control panel in game controller, windows can't regognize the guitar. What I mean is that when I touch the frets, it does not get the input at all. So I Can't configure it in the game itself, in joy2key or whatever.

I Need help with it please.

Thanks you.
Jeff
m0nkiii

Postby m0nkiii » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:59 am

chunky34 wrote:Hi guys. I read the topic over and over again since yesterday because I finally received my super dual box advance so I can plug my GH controller.

However, yes I tried with joy2key and all the possible drivers to install, but still it is not the problem. IF I go in the control panel in game controller, windows can't regognize the guitar. What I mean is that when I touch the frets, it does not get the input at all. So I Can't configure it in the game itself, in joy2key or whatever.

I Need help with it please.

Thanks you.
Jeff

I had the same problem with my adapter. I couldn't it get to work so I changed it to another adapter :p
flybabytina

Postby flybabytina » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:15 pm

I wonder if the Xbox 360 Xplorer guitar will work? It's USB.... any thoughts????

Tina
Sarge51

Postby Sarge51 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:25 pm

I'll have to get me one of those, definitely... That's pretty cool.

I have two guitar hero controllers.
Last edited by Sarge51 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beerus

Postby Beerus » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:17 pm

Ok, im using my guitar hero controller and a ps2 to usb adapter. I configured it with JoytoKey and when I press the keys it works fine in JoytoKey but not in FoF or any other program. Is there a confirm button or something like that or anything else I have to do?
geon106

Postby geon106 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:51 am

I have a PS1 to USB Adapter, will that accept PS2 controllers? They are the same connection, but i'm not sure if they'll work too.
guitarthunder

Postby guitarthunder » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:24 am

Hi to All,

I am marketing manager for Guitar Thunder in Europe (Topway factory product) and I am looking for people in order to help us to introduce our guitars in different countries around Europe.

We already have a good success at selling them in Spain, so maybe you will be the man to open market in your country.

Please visit www.guitarthunder.com and write to [email protected] if you want to work with us.

Be quick as there are only a few positions.

Thanks to all

see you

Return to “General FOF Discussion”