Using your guitar hero controller - It's easy, I promise.

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Robert de Clair

Postby Robert de Clair » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:37 pm

so exchange FoF /enter/ pick key as another one then use a joy2key, :D simply
http://www.krokmania.com
a place for Music Games
wlashack

Postby wlashack » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:33 am

sorry for maybe a stupid question. i have read all this thread and serched the net but did not succeed. i have connected my GH guitar to PC and now i need help. so my question is:

- where to get a utility for Windows OS that recognizes the PS2 GH controller plugged into a PC and which enables to play FretsOnFire on it?

post a download link please, maybe add some useful hints how to make it work. the link in the first message of this thread to Joy2Key does not work, and google gives me only Linux version links. so sorry me to act that stupid. thanks.
Last edited by wlashack on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:05 pm

You're right, it is pretty tough to find the Windows Joy2Key..

i did find "JoyToKey v3.7.9" on some japanese web site, so I downloaded and put on megaupload here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V3FP4IX8 . Not tested, so use at your own risk
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
wlashack

Postby wlashack » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:34 am

thanks a lot!

byt my problem continues. now i have installed joy2key but it seem it does not recognise my GH controller. it does nothing when i am trying to map the controller keys. do i need some special driver or something? or what to do now with the mapping utility?
JTG2003

Postby JTG2003 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:32 pm

I am having the same problem as the person above. I bought a guitar and the universal Controller Adapter from RedOctane. I tried out a standard PS2 controller and, in the control panel>Game controllers, I could see it was registering. However no keys for the guitar registered.

I assume I need a specific driver for this, any ideas?
wlashack

Postby wlashack » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:56 pm

strange thing that VGSplayer (which is a small program that enables playing GH tracks on PC with GH controller, if you have the PS2 game DVD) works perfectly for me. so the controller itself works but how to make it work in Frets On Fire is a mystery for me. so if someone knows, help please. thanks.
AnthonyIac

Postby AnthonyIac » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:01 am

Ok, here's a strange suggestion as far as a whammy bar goes. If you have a USB adapter that detects the whammy bar, is there a program that you can run in the background that can trigger sound effects like reverb or wha? If anyone is familiar with Creative's EAX Console, there are effects you can add, but are there any programs that allow you to adjust effects in real-time that you'd be able to map to a controller? It'd be a separate program running outside FOF just emulating sound effects. By the way, I ordered that one from Radio Shack, am I doomed?
Messiah1095

Postby Messiah1095 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:03 am

Can anyone recommend a good PS2 to USB adapter that can be bought in Australia?

The only ones I've seen on E-bay is this one:

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PS2-Controller-to-PC-USB-converter-Joystick-Hub-Adaptor_W0QQitemZ330053440721QQihZ014QQcat
egoryZ118189QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PS2-Con....iewItem[/url]

Can anyone comment on how well this would work with FoF?
Last edited by Messiah1095 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnthonyIac

Postby AnthonyIac » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:10 pm

I know this is a given, but I'm saying it anyway. Even though windows recognizes the Guitar controller and you can test the buttons in the control panel, you still need to set those buttons up in FOF.
Cooliocopter

Postby Cooliocopter » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:44 pm

I have a ps2 to usb adapter and it recognises my normal ps2 controller just fine but theres no response from the guitar hero controller. I am thinking its a driver problem. Any one know of any drivers I could get for the guitar?
Cooliocopter

Postby Cooliocopter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:58 am

Sorry for double post, but I figured out how to get my guitar working and this may be helpful for others who had same problem as me.

I uninstalled the drivers that came with my adapter completely, then plugged it in with the guitar and allowed windows to find its own drivers for the guitar without using the driver disc and viola, it works.
iamswoll

Postby iamswoll » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:29 pm

AnthonyIac said:
I know this is a given, but I'm saying it anyway. Even though windows recognizes the Guitar controller and you can test the buttons in the control panel, you still need to set those buttons up in FOF.

Thats all it was! :D :laugh:
Thanks
Last edited by iamswoll on Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jota

Postby Jota » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:52 pm

hi, i have a doubt,

i want to know how to make the fof game do the vibrations, just like the GH

if anyone can tell me if is possible i will really apreciate
JestersDead

Postby JestersDead » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:56 pm

Gents,
FoF is awesome. I'm having some issues though:

My GH2 controller registers in the control panel but it won't register any buttons. I've tried using the windows drivers for the controller as well as the drivers that came w/ my radio shack brand ps2 to usb converter. anybody got any ideas how to register the controller buttons w/ the pc?
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:03 pm

JestersDead wrote:My GH2 controller registers in the control panel but it won't register any buttons. I've tried using the windows drivers for the controller as well as the drivers that came w/ my radio shack brand ps2 to usb converter. anybody got any ideas how to register the controller buttons w/ the pc?

Are you sure that you need to? I plugged mine and FoF just worked with it, after setting the key config
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki

Return to “General FOF Discussion”