What about the songs in GH: On Tour(DS) - are they rippable?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:56 am

From wikipedia;

"All Star" Smash Mouth
"All the Small Things" Blink-182
"Anna Molly" Incubus
"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" Jet
"Black Magic Woman" Santana
"Breed" Nirvana
"China Grove" Doobie BrothersThe Doobie Brother
"Do What You Want" OK Go
"Heaven" Los Lonely Boys
"Helicopter" Bloc Party
"Hit Me with Your Best Shot" Pat Benatar
"I Don't Wanna Stop" Ozzy Osbourne
"I Am Not Your Gameboy" Freezepop
"I Know a Little" Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Jessie's Girl" Rick Springfield
"Jet Airliner" Steve Miller Band
"Knock Me Down" Red Hot Chili Peppers
"La Grange" ZZ Top
"Pride and Joy" Stevie Ray Vaughan
"Rock and Roll All Nite" Kiss
"Spiderwebs" No Doubt
"Stray Cat Strut" Stray Cats
"This Love" Maroon 5
"We're Not Gonna Take It" Twisted Sister
"What I Want" Daughtry featuring Slash
"Youth Gone Wild" Skid Row

"Rock the Night" by Europe was listed on the official site as being included in the game, but is not present in the main setlist or listed in the credits. It is currently unknown what became of the song.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to rip from DS games?
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

TehMightyUnicorn

Postby TehMightyUnicorn » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:09 am

I bet some people could group together and make them, but I really don't know if they are rippable and if they were it would only be 4 frets... I would join such group if someone were to do this
Megadeth's Countdown to Extinction (Complete Album)
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:08 pm

italianstal1ion wrote:"All the Small Things" Blink-182
"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" Jet
"Black Magic Woman" Santana
"Helicopter" Bloc Party
"Hit Me with Your Best Shot" Pat Benatar
"La Grange" ZZ Top
"Pride and Joy" Stevie Ray Vaughan
"Rock and Roll All Nite" Kiss

These don't need ripped, we have 5-fret versions.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:10 pm

Yes, some of the songs are from the other guitar hero games. I just copied the list from wikipedia and didn't remove them.
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

That's what she said
polloloco

Postby polloloco » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:59 pm

hey italian stallion before anything its an honor to talk to you nice on that discovery on the online gameplay and keep doing the good work and i was thinking if you or somebody you know could make a mod of guiat hero on tour like you know the drum hero it has 4 frets and the kick right? so i think to take out guitar and stuff and change the name of the drums to guitar and take away the kick and make guitar hero for that with all new notes and menus and stuff and i think its cool because come on you know that one game will make much more four freted fun right what do you think?
Last edited by polloloco on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:06 pm

polloloco wrote:hey italian stallion before anything its an honor to talk to you nice on that discovery on the online gameplay and keep doing the good work and i was thinking if you or somebody you know could make a mod of guiat hero on tour like you know the drum hero it has 4 frets and the kick right? so i think to take out guitar and stuff and change the name of the drums to guitar and take away the kick and make guitar hero for that with all new notes and menus and stuff and i think its cool because come on you know that one game will make much more four freted fun right what do you think?

Have you ever heard of Punctuation.... jeezus dude try a comma here or there or even a period.
Slow down, take a breath inbetween each sentance and try and make some sense when you type.
Last edited by nobby76 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Spikehead777

Postby Spikehead777 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:26 am

Anything that gets thrown into digital media in an encrypted state can be decrypted.

Also, if people can create images of New Super Mario Bros., Pokemon, Mario Kart, or anything and play it in a DS emulator, don't you think that GH:OT would still be able to be played/ripped?

I'm sure someone out there will be able to rip the songs off of that GH:OT image, because if the DS hardware can play the songs, a simple PC could play the songs.
PM me for my Wii or DS Friend Codes.

http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38434 My Wii GH:WT Guitar and Drum GlovePIE script. Also supports GH3 guitars!
Since "DragonFail" "sucks" so much, I won't post anything related or about them any longer.
uberlulz

Postby uberlulz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:48 am

Spikehead777 wrote:Anything that gets thrown into digital media in an encrypted state can be decrypted.

Also, if people can create images of New Super Mario Bros., Pokemon, Mario Kart, or anything and play it in a DS emulator, don't you think that GH:OT would still be able to be played/ripped?

I'm sure someone out there will be able to rip the songs off of that GH:OT image, because if the DS hardware can play the songs, a simple PC could play the songs.

I think they're rippable, but the game is not playable by a DS emulator, not by a longshot. The DS emulation people will probably never bother coding how to get the emulator to think that there is both a peripheral in the virtual GBA drive yet also emulate the game at the same time, since it's such a specific case.

Of course, I doubt that's what you meant, in which case it IS possible to rip the songs for FoF, even though you wouldn't want to, since all of those songs only use 4 frets, and half are already done, except better and with 5 frets.
v4vendetta

Postby v4vendetta » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:19 am

Well if the songs were just ripped, that'd be enough. Separate guitar and song oggs are the only things guitar hero/Rb can do, that we cant.
That's what she said
polloloco

Postby polloloco » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:42 pm

nobby76 wrote:Have you ever heard of Punctuation.... jeezus dude try a comma here or there or even a period.
Slow down, take a breath inbetween each sentance and try and make some sense when you type.

Dude that happened because it was a awsome idea man do you think we can make a mod like that?? Just wondering but that is an awsome idea we should make a gh:ot mod that would be killer who think's it's a good idea??

Return to “General FOF Discussion”