GH2 Sloppy

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
aduro

Postby aduro » Tue May 20, 2008 11:54 pm

Well if you are holding B and trying to hit Y, of course it won't work. You can't hit a note while holding a higher note.
Absolutezero132

Postby Absolutezero132 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:59 pm

thats not what im trying to say. ok, lets say that there were two otes, both hopos, that go like this:

o, y

ok? now, in g2 sloppy, you can hit o, then b LETTING GO OF O, then y LETTING GO OF B. in gh2 strict, that would be considered breaking the streak (for lack of a better word to use) and would end the hopo streak, forcing you to strum the next note.

EDIT: btw aduro, you seem to be alot nicer lately.
Last edited by Absolutezero132 on Wed May 21, 2008 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZR Song thread = some songs we made, lots of df.

my youtube profile
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:48 am

thanks absolutezero...its not really that hard to understand and how its done in gh2, so i dont understand why its not in strict. thats the only thing stopping me from playing with strict.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed May 21, 2008 11:37 am

Absolutezero and aduro are both right, those are the two differences in GH2 Sloppy mode. This was originally made to be the GH2 HOPO mode, but since there were so many players that had different needs I ended up making two HOPO systems for Strict and Sloppy.

GH2 Sloppy is most like GH2's rules, very lenient.

GH2 Strict is kinda like a hybrid of RF-Mod and GH2:
RF-Mod had a feature a lot of players liked, which was breaking a HOPO string (requiring a strum) if an incorrect note was tapped in between two HOPOs. This was added into GH2 Strict, along with some logic to prevent hitting a HOPO while holding a higher fret (which resulted in many players complaining of having difficulty with downscaling HOPOs, including myself - meaning that we have lazy or sloppy fingering... not fully letting go of higher frets before tapping lower notes -- thus the name GH2 Sloppy)

Edit: ultimately, I see GH2 Sloppy mode as a kind of training mode. Some will enjoy it without wanting to advance, some will use it as a stepping stone to start using GH2 Strict. And then, possibly, the Tight note window. These options can all train you to be one hell of a fake guitar player when faced with friends on a real Rock Band or Guitar Hero console game :)
Last edited by myfingershurt on Wed May 21, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jensenthejao

Postby Jensenthejao » Tue May 27, 2008 10:14 pm

I say its cheating, in ttfaf for instance, you can press random buttons but still hit all the notes.
Yo
Disco Skulls FTW!
Death Legion

Postby Death Legion » Wed May 28, 2008 7:29 am

Jensenthejao wrote:I say its cheating, in ttfaf for instance, you can press random buttons but still hit all the notes.

It's ruining the fun... Personally I know I'll never do that, it's stupid. I prefer play like I always do (hold Green and press others, I don't 2-hand tap, don't like it :D) to show my skills at GH3 at friends house (the hitwindow in GH3 is so HUGE).

It's like that you ramdomly choose answers in a school test and have all right, yes it's good but if they ask you to do it another time, you'll have a zero...
Last edited by Death Legion on Wed May 28, 2008 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppetz fan club member :tongue:
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Wed May 28, 2008 10:39 am

It was left in Alarian's I think because thats how FoF always worked and praised FoF exclusive charters like Puppetz_86 charted whole songs around "reverse tapping"

Are you stupid, or you just wanna sound like it?
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Wed May 28, 2008 11:13 am

When Alarian took out reverse-tapping, I nearly killed myself playing one of the FOF Hero 2 songs... o_o

EDIT: Oh, and since, for some reason, my AV Delay is really whacked (some RB rips are way out of sync, whereas some are perfectly in-sync), I'm staying with pre-Sloppy/Strict Alarian.
Last edited by BSRaven on Wed May 28, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dævid

Postby Dævid » Thu May 29, 2008 11:15 am

I like playing with a normal or tight hitwindow and GH2 strict, I started playing like this to set my AV delay and finally found a mode of FoF which is MORE difficult than GH2. IMO the gameplay is harder in GH2 but the songs are easier (when compared to GH3) Some songs on GH3 just wouldnt be possible if played with GH2 style gameplay. So when I play my Fof songs as such, it helps me improve my skillz...
Might be working on DH2
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Didn't read all the posts but here's my opinion.

It is a cheat. Almost as bad as star power. I got 95,4% on TTFAF when trying them, isn't that enough to prove they are a cheat?
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:00 pm

Kotti wrote:Didn't read all the posts but here's my opinion.

It is a cheat. Almost as bad as star power. I got 95,4% on TTFAF when trying them, isn't that enough to prove they are a cheat?

Why care? I really don't get it. It's not like Sloppy-users are cheating AGAINST anyone, no one's losing, no one's harmed. Or is it because you feel it's unfair that they can get on the highscore lists with better scores than they're "supposed to"?

I use 'em too, but hell, I only play this game when I wanna sit back and relax a bit - it's just a game!
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:10 pm

Of course I think it's unfair. It's like we're playing the same game with different rules.

I use 'em too, but hell, I only play this game when I wanna sit back and relax a bit - it's just a game!
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I also play for highscores, and I don't like how some people can get 5* on songs like TTFAF only by using a certain mod. If they could at least mention what hopo-system they use, I'd be fine with that and ignore their score.

Btw, is it supposed to allw ovestrumming?
Last edited by Kotti on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisjon

Postby Chrisjon » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:18 pm

I do not think it is cheating if you are new to the game and still learning to play but if you are not new to this game then you should move it up to strict dont keep it on sloppy you will not get any better.
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:23 pm

Kotti wrote:Of course I think it's unfair. It's like we're playing the same game with different rules.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I also play for highscores, and I don't like how some people can get 5* on songs like TTFAF only by using a certain mod. If they could at least mention what hopo-system they use, I'd be fine with that and ignore their score.

Btw, is it supposed to allw ovestrumming?

Okay, well now I get it a bit better.

I don't care about highscores. I've posted a few here on the forums, but I don't upload any to the different highscore lists, so I don't know much about them - but would it be possible to divide the charts into "RF-hopos", "GH2 Strict" and "GH2 Sloppy" sections? Then the 'cheaters' could compete against eachother and you could have some peace in mind. :)
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:34 pm

We've already split it into SP and non-SP...

That's what, 6 charts? And then you take FOF Hopos into account (should they be added in the future...)

WTF EIGHT CHARTS?

Besides, I use Alarian 1.7 hopos (over-eager = over-strum)

Return to “General FOF Discussion”