Have Guitar need help - Christian Guitar hero

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
MrPaladin

Postby MrPaladin » Tue May 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Hi all... I'll preface this post with "I know computers but I do not know the workings of this game"

With that said, I'm a youth Director at our Church and as you all on this forum are sure to know, games like Guitar hero and frets on fire and such are very popular (and a talking point) with the youth.

But the lack of a Christian version of Guitar hero has led me... here... and it seems this game is jsut what I'm looking for....

So what am I looking for.... ummm.. .I'm after a Guitar hero type game that can use a guitar hero type controller thru the PC with Christian title songs...

What would I need to do to get this happening in our youth group... and what Guitar Controller is the easiest to intergrate into a Vista PC (unfortunatly I can't get my bluetooth to take a Wii controller, it seems to recognise but all four blue dots on the controller continue to blink and they don't go solid)

Thanks to all in advance for any advice you can give...
ADH

Postby ADH » Tue May 20, 2008 6:41 pm

i have taken my GHIII like version of fof and changed the pics to christian backgrounds i found online i can give it to you if you want just pm me. and almost all the songs i have are christian with the exception of a few solos. a few of them i downloaded here and a few are non christian songs that i took and put to Apologetix music (apologetix does christian parody's) also i don't know the best guitar to get but from what i have seen the ps3 les pauls are the best deal i walked in to game stop and came out with one for just over 40 bucks and its wireless plug and play no driver dld needed. if there is any thing else i can help you with let me know.

PS. i strongly recommend alarian mod it is the most advanced version of fof so far and that is what my mod is for.
Last edited by ADH on Tue May 20, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Tue May 20, 2008 6:46 pm

MrPaladin wrote:Hi all... I'll preface this post with "I know computers but I do not know the workings of this game"

With that said, I'm a youth Director at our Church and as you all on this forum are sure to know, games like Guitar hero and frets on fire and such are very popular (and a talking point) with the youth.

But the lack of a Christian version of Guitar hero has led me... here... and it seems this game is jsut what I'm looking for....

So what am I looking for.... ummm.. .I'm after a Guitar hero type game that can use a guitar hero type controller thru the PC with Christian title songs...

What would I need to do to get this happening in our youth group... and what Guitar Controller is the easiest to intergrate into a Vista PC (unfortunatly I can't get my bluetooth to take a Wii controller, it seems to recognise but all four blue dots on the controller continue to blink and they don't go solid)

Thanks to all in advance for any advice you can give...

Yeah, so I'm a Christian too. Frets on Fire is awesome. As ADH said he and I kinda take the secular songs and put ApologetiX music to them. The best mod is like ADH said the Alarian mod.
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Tue May 20, 2008 7:50 pm

Also a guy named NewCreature makes a lot of relient k songs.
Absolutezero132

Postby Absolutezero132 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:01 am

are you looking for "Christian" songs or just "clean" songs? i dont think theres many christian songs that have been made, but you could start fretting them ur self, starting here

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=16326

download this version of the game

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=11;t=20933

and the best guitar to use is probably the wired xbox360 xplorer, but it is quite expensive.
ZR Song thread = some songs we made, lots of df.

my youtube profile
ADH

Postby ADH » Wed May 21, 2008 12:03 am

no GHIII les pauls are better for two reasons
1. they are cheaper
2. they are wireless
Absolutezero132

Postby Absolutezero132 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 am

yes but you need an adapter that is extremely hard to find in stores, at least here. a $20 adapter i might add.

my youtube profile
ADH

Postby ADH » Wed May 21, 2008 12:10 am

no GHIII les pauls are usb plug and play
Absolutezero132

Postby Absolutezero132 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:14 am

o, forgot about ps3. those are the same price as the xplorer though. at least here they are

my youtube profile
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Wed May 21, 2008 12:19 am

I hate to bring up this topic, but keep in mind that if it gets "too popular" at your church, you may have to answer to someone asking, "Is this legal?"

Just something to keep in mind.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
aduro

Postby aduro » Wed May 21, 2008 12:38 am

Les Pauls are $70 new, that's hardly cheap

And why wouldn't this be legal
ADH

Postby ADH » Wed May 21, 2008 12:40 am

les pauls are 40$ at game stop but xbox is more then that new and used.
;;;( ° д°)
crossieh

Postby crossieh » Wed May 21, 2008 1:51 am

aduro wrote:Les Pauls are $70 new, that's hardly cheap

And why wouldn't this be legal

All the songs are illegal, unless you own the real copy of them. FYI.
aduro

Postby aduro » Wed May 21, 2008 2:03 am

ADH wrote:les pauls are 40$ at game stop but xbox is more then that new and used.

I think you were looking at used Les Pauls because the cheapest I could find online were $60, and I'm fairly positive msrp is $70
ADH

Postby ADH » Wed May 21, 2008 2:29 am

49.99 used yes but who cares if hes using them for a youth group then they will get "used" the first time he takes them out
btw: wireless means no tripping on wires and pulling the computer to the floor :;):
Last edited by ADH on Wed May 21, 2008 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”