How long does it take - Practice

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Teddy1

Postby Teddy1 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:26 pm

Ive been playing FOF for about 3 days straight while on holidays but i dont seem to be getting much better, and if i am its very slow. I can usually get 4 stars or above 85% accurate, but this is only on supaeasy with the guitar hero songs, and easy is quite a challenge for me, as i get confused and mixed up with the really fast paced and when theres alot of notes to press. I was just wondering how long does it normally take for someone to get to the level where they can play medium or amazing and enjoy it and not struggle just to keep in the game?
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm

Depends on how much you play, of course. But let's see, after a few weeks you'll be playing easy, after maybe two months you'll be at medium. Then it takes some time to get to amazing.

This is probably 'wrong', I can't really remember how long I personally played before I got to the different difficulties.
Last edited by Mucky on Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disco Skulls FTW!
Death Legion

Postby Death Legion » Fri May 23, 2008 1:44 pm

Depends on how much you play, your skills on video games, and your natural capacity (I say it cause I don't have another word... For me each person have natural abilities at birth in differents skills. Some will find their way whereas others won't...).

I've started directly to play on Easy (FoF)/ Medium (GH) with 4 frets buttons, played on Medium (FoF) / Hard (GH) after 2 weeks and then played on Amazing approx. 1 month and 1 week after started to play.
But I'm very good at all kinds of video games and I also play guitar (even if FoF as nothing to do with guitar, I had alerady the rhythm :D).
Puppetz fan club member :tongue:
yoyokid2008

Postby yoyokid2008 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Not trying to brag here but I learned to play Expert in a couple of hours :p.
\
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Fri May 23, 2008 2:21 pm

I'll admit to taking nearly a year to get the balls to jump from Medium to Expert in GH (yeah, I jumped that far, that almost-fast)...

Misirlou still gives me nightmares about failing to this day x_x
Last edited by BSRaven on Fri May 23, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Fri May 23, 2008 7:25 pm

I went up to Hard after I completed GH on Easy and Medium. I just grew to Expert on Bass and then expert on Guitar. :D
Last edited by MarvinPA on Fri May 23, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irhawtkeke

Postby Irhawtkeke » Sat May 24, 2008 9:42 pm

Played ALOT on hard on GH before jumping to expert then pretty much quit GH3 after a week, cba to play the same songs over and over, FoF > GH
ADH

Postby ADH » Sat May 24, 2008 10:29 pm

i've benn plating fof since feb and i'm still no good.
joao1991

Postby joao1991 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:05 pm

poor boy ADH
RedVenom

Postby RedVenom » Sun May 25, 2008 4:11 pm

dude you got to remember if your playing on either the guitar controller or the key board you hold your pointer on the red not the green and get used to that and you can play medium and amazing a little better but more practice is always needed

at least that's how i learned to play on medium
Last edited by RedVenom on Sun May 25, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Sun May 25, 2008 10:52 pm

[sarcasm]This isn't going to sound loser-ish at all...[/sarcasm]

I've been playing FoF since it first came out, just playing the Guitar Hero songs on Supaeasy. Then, after a month or two, I played on Medium, and of course, failed the first song I tried on GH. I practiced on FoF, and soon I was playing Bark at the Moon on Medium on GH.

When GH2 came out, I was getting better at playing on Hard. I learned hammer-ons, then I was playing songs easier. Not great, but easier. I just kept playing at a friend's house, and practicing at home on FoF. I was playing Hangar 18, Institutionalized, Jordan, etc... all on Hard, and getting semi good scores.

Now, after so many years of playing, I play on Expert, any song, almost always getting 5 stars on anything. So what does this all mean? It means just play, and it gets easier, just like anything. It's not going to come fast, but you will get better.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
Absolutezero132

Postby Absolutezero132 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:59 pm

three months to go from medium(easy for fof) to expert (amazing for fof). i skipped easy(supaeasy for fof). play gh2 songs, not gh3. you'll get better faster
ZR Song thread = some songs we made, lots of df.

my youtube profile

Return to “General FOF Discussion”