FeedBack anchors - Do you use 'em?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
ghen

Postby ghen » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:19 pm

After making my first song in FeedBack I realized I screwed up in the beginning and had to change the entire song's BPM placements. The end result was ugly and looked funny when played back so I scrapped it all.

That being said, I saw a tutorial for Anchor use in FeedBack that promises to end my problem of screwing up like before.

Do you use the anchor system? Do you time up the notes using audacity or by ear?
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm not using anchors, I do all bpm changes manually... and well you know how I fret, as I've made a tutorial of it...
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ghen

Postby ghen » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:11 pm

anchors seemed to work for me.. I did each part by ear and when I reached the end I used an anchor and the timing from audacity to get it closer than my original BPM guess. We'll see how it turns out ;)
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:33 am

I fret primarily by ear (with the assistance of tabs when possible) so no anchors for me x_x

I'll try this though.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:59 am

I use EOF's anchors, using Audacity's waveform for assistance in finding the exact time. Unlike that tutorial, though, I prefer to look for drum beats that occur on the beat because they're easier to see on the waveform (usually, at least).

I can't possibly imagine finding the BPM by trial and error, and just placing the notes wherever rather than onto beat lines (freetar style) is just messy.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:11 pm

What I usually do is set down a row of 8th notes and mess with the BPM until I get a good beat. Of course I use BPM analyzer to help out when doing so, but still.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:43 pm

I do use dB's anchors, but only for synching short sequences that have lots of notes in them, I don't use Audacity as a help, nope
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Last time I used anchors (VIVID), it wound up killing the sync quite badly (I know, wtf?), but I figured out the trick whilst fretting Punk Rock Girl 2007.

Here's my attempts to tell you guys (PICS SOON!):

1: Find the last note before it all goes out of sync.

2: Place an anchor on that synced note, this prevents the in-sync sections from falling out of sync.

3: Find the first note that goes out of sync.

4: Place an anchor on that note.

5: Adjust said note until it's in sync.

6: Rinse and repeat (just remember, if you have one out of sync note, then a note after it that syncs, then another note out of sync, throw an anchor on the in-sync note, and adjust the out-of-sync note without worrying.)
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:05 pm

I use Fruity loops for my song making , so you dont even have a choice of anchors, there not used.
So i guess it would be all done by eye for me!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
homerrulz

Postby homerrulz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:37 am

Nice find.
Great tutorial! - Now I finally understand anchors.

(obviously then I haven't used them)

All I do is set down a single note, put in the correct analyzed BPM, and then carefully adjust the offset until I think the first note matches with what I'm hearing (I use the clap function to assist with this). When I think I've got it I then slow the song right down and confirm/adjust. I then place a single note on the next 5 or so beat lines, and with the clapper confirm that the beat matches. If it doesn't, the BPM then gets manually changed.

I've deliberately chosen songs that don't have BPM changes, or very minor BPM changes though - so anchors haven't really been an issue.
Last edited by homerrulz on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
My custom songs can now be found in the one place:-Homerrulz Song Thread

It's OUT - DRUM PROJECT 9!
Disturbed - Immortalized Album - https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59539
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:52 am

I've deliberately chosen songs that don't have BPM changes

Lazy! :D
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:36 pm

I used this technique on a song I'm working on and it worked pretty well. So far. Thanks ^^
ghen

Postby ghen » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:38 pm

cool =)

Return to “General FOF Discussion”