Noob's guide on Hering's Mod - come one come all, or dont come at all..

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:50 pm

Here i will be telling you everything you need to know about Hering's mod for frets on fire...

first if you dont have herings mod, go here and download the compilation pack, and MAKE SURE ITS THE COMPLETE COMPILATION PACK!!! i dont need anyone yellin at me because somebody had to download something else, so make sure its the middle one on the list...

http://h3r1n6.googlepages.com/

and now that you have downloaded, open everything up and give it a whirl, if you happen to notice that when you finish the drum test song, that it freezes, well,

pretty much all you have to do is put a " Gameresults " icon in the data folder, but i dont know where you could find one, so thats up to you, i had a mod downloaded so i took it outta there so, = (

anyways now that we have the mod downloaded, lets download what will change the midi file into a drum track file, ( so you can play it with the hering mod's drum feature )

so now i want you to download this:

http://www.anvilstudio.com/

its only 3 mb so dont get all but hurt on me...

ok now, you can either use the frets on fire song creator itself, or freetar song maker, whatever you are used to, but for now im going to tell you whats what

ok so

green frets are the bass kickers, ( long green lines )

and red yellow and blue can be the actual drums, and pink or whatever you wanna call it, can be the cymble or whatever you want, but the important thing is that the green is the kicker ( for lack of other words to say )

and so now, pick a good song with a easily hearable drum part, and make sure that the bass parts are the green, and once you get to a certain part where you get board or something, i want you to make sure you save it, and then exit out of it all, (freetar or frets on fire)

and now i want you to open up the herings mod's folder, and go into data, songs, and then make a folder, call it jdawg sucks at tutorials, or the actual songs name you made...

and now i want you to go to where you saved your midi, if you used frets on fire to make the drum song, then there is already a folder for your song and you should of skipped the last step with making a new folder... my bad = (

and now i want you to take the midi in where your songs folder is located at...

and then i want you to open up anvil studios, open your midi file, then in program there is a little bar and on the left side of the bar it says track, then the track should be named track 1 ( how original ), i want you to change it to ( PART DRUM ) all capitol letters...

and then i want you to save it, nothin fancy just save
and now boot up fof, and select your song, then right after that check if the part selecter says drums, instead of guitar, if not, go and redo the saving, and MAKE SURE YOUR SAVING THE SONG THATS IN THE HERINGS MODS FRETS ON FIRE...

hope this helps, it took me a while to figure it out myself but hey, oh well
Ions are here, amazang
JanDeis

Postby JanDeis » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 pm

For fretting drum songs, I stuck with the Rock Band template.

Green = Base Pedal
Red = Snare
Yellow = hi-hat or high tom
Blue = ride cymbal, misc. sounds (like cowbell), and low tom
Purple/Orange = crash cymbal or floor tom

Thanks for the guide. Maybe this should be in the modding forum? That is where the "noobs" are asking all their questions. I'll see if I can figure our that gameresults thing. That is what is wrong with mine...

EDIT: Is the gameresults icon a picture? You didn't really specify. Maybe one of the .svg files?
Last edited by JanDeis on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How to Mod Alarian's Mod <-- Feel free to post there and ask me (or anyone else that will post in there) how to mod the Alarian Mod!

W.I.P. #1 : Sonic Mod
W.I.P. #2 : Geometry Mod

98% of the Internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that doesn't have one, copy and paste this into your sig.......NOW!
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:28 pm

well i had raph's gh mod for 1.2, and it had a game results thing right in the folder,

" Gameresults.svg "

thats it, its in the 1.2.451 gh mod by raph
Ions are here, amazang
JanDeis

Postby JanDeis » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:36 pm

OMFG! Thank you! All I was missing was 1 file to get the mod working. My guitar wouldn't work before, and it crashed after it finished a song. Now everything works!

This guy knows what he is talking about! Someone move this to modding so noobs stop asking why these things are happening.
How to Mod Alarian's Mod <-- Feel free to post there and ask me (or anyone else that will post in there) how to mod the Alarian Mod!

98% of the Internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that doesn't have one, copy and paste this into your sig.......NOW!
Bissrok

Postby Bissrok » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:42 pm

I had trouble with the crashes when I first started, but I downloaded the "Complete Compilation with all mods" pack and when I switched on the GH and Chilly mods I stopped having the problem. It's worked fine ever since.
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:51 pm

its pretty much however you can get it workin, i remember hearing something about freezing at results page, and i want through that gh mod and i just put it and data and it worked, not too much thinkin there.
Ions are here, amazang
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:30 am

the game results screen in a graphic mod (eg wr gh3) is the screen where your results are posted there should be a png and an svg for this unless you are using the default one which is simpley just an svg file
life is what you make it so make it a damn good one

All My Songs and Mods Here
JanDeis

Postby JanDeis » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:47 am

What I don't get is that before, Hering's Mod wouldn't play any guitar songs on mine. Only drums. But after I replace a graphics file that appears after a song I can play guitar?

SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:49 am

but the important thing is that the green is the kicker ( for lack of other words to say )

How about bass pedal ???

'Twould be nice if Hering could re-up his mod with the missing SVG in-tact.

I just wanted to note, since people are reading this, the Guitar Hero song.mid files have a Drummer track, so if anyone wants to create drum tracks for the Guitar Hero songs, the DRUMMER track would be a good basis to start from.
warhol

Postby warhol » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:39 am

Yeah, there is a code that tells the drummer where to tap the drumsticks. By manipulating this code, we could convert it into a drum track readable by FoF
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
BlaqkMassacre

Postby BlaqkMassacre » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:03 pm

Okay so when mine even starts up it says ERRORS OCCURED SEE THE LOGFILE FOR DETAILS theres nothing in the logfile i have the most recent version of fof and hering's.. so what the fuzuck?
fiskekarl

Postby fiskekarl » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 pm

I have the same problem as Blaqk.
Maybe it's Vista?
insanj

Postby insanj » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:20 pm

JanDeis wrote:For fretting drum songs, I stuck with the Rock Band template.

Green = Base Pedal
Red = Snare
Yellow = hi-hat or high tom
Blue = ride cymbal, misc. sounds (like cowbell), and low tom
Purple/Orange = crash cymbal or floor tom

Thanks for the guide. Maybe this should be in the modding forum? That is where the "noobs" are asking all their questions. I'll see if I can figure our that gameresults thing. That is what is wrong with mine...

EDIT: Is the gameresults icon a picture? You didn't really specify. Maybe one of the .svg files?

isn't a yellow bar the bass pedal?
Zim: There's only one thing I can do!
GIR: Ya' gonna make biscuits? Ya' GONNA make BISCUITS? YOU GONNA MAKE BISCUITS!?!?!?!?
Zim: No GIR, never... I never want you to mention biscuits again... :angry:
Invader ZiM! Scrubs! Image
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Please tell me how to multiple parts such as guitar, bass, and drums for one song. :)

Return to “General FOF Discussion”