Should I preorder the RockBand guitar to play FoF?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 16 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
v4vendetta

Postby v4vendetta » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:19 pm

I'm worried because it's wireless, it might not function well, or there is always a chance it wont work at all.

But at the same time, I'm ready to ditch the keyboard so I can play 3 note chords.

(No, i dont want the X-plorer.)
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:28 pm

It looks cool, and you can always try it. If you want to be safe, just buy a SG and a PS2 to USB converter.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:57 pm

Its up to you...
Im going to wait to make sure all of the bugs and mistakes are out of it. (what im trying to say is im not buying the first edition.)
warhol

Postby warhol » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:56 am

wolferacing wrote:Its up to you...
Im going to wait to make sure all of the bugs and mistakes are out of it. (what im trying to say is im not buying the first edition.)

Same thing smart people say about Vista
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
v4vendetta

Postby v4vendetta » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:38 am

If there are bugs, it probably wont effect playing fof, since there's no whammy or star power or other controller features. Plus they will probably replace any problem guitars free like with the X-plorer. I think i just convinced myself to preorder it.
warhol

Postby warhol » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:40 am

Good luck then, man
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
HeruLuingul

Postby HeruLuingul » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:11 pm

They have a wired version, or so I've heard. If you're nervous about the wireless not working, look for the wired, it will be USB
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:30 pm

Adding to what I said before, I will wait 5 or 6 months after it comes out incase they lower the price. (like the ps3)
v4vendetta

Postby v4vendetta » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:44 pm

HeruLuingul wrote:They have a wired version, or so I've heard. If you're nervous about the wireless not working, look for the wired, it will be USB

They do, but I cant find a place to preorder it anywhere.
smedricksman24

Postby smedricksman24 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:19 pm

Order the 360 wireless version, if you do anything. You can buy a wireless reciever for the 360 controller, and I'm guessing they use the same technology.

Don't take my word for it though. GH2 for 360 wasn't wireless because Microsoft didn't want to give away their secrets. Although, I suppose if it's not the same wireless protocol, they'd include their own reciever, so that might work out better.
Why am I on this website? I'm clearly over the age limit of 14.
Air Guitar Hero

Postby Air Guitar Hero » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:46 pm

wolferacing wrote:Adding to what I said before, I will wait 5 or 6 months after it comes out incase they lower the price. (like the ps3)

5 or 6 months? Thought you were ready to ditch your keyboard for 3 note chords? guess not...... but ready enough for a topic about it!

Ps3 price cut was due to poor sales and to clear out inventory of a model they will no longer offer. I doubt Rock Band will have this same problem. Look at the current price of Guitar Hero 1 for example.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”